- What is a Migration Agent?
- Why to use Migration Agent?
- How to choose the right one?
- Engage Migration Agent
A Registered Migration Agent is a person who has completed a course in Migration Law and Practice and who is registered with MARA. Registered Migration Agents:
- Offer advice on immigration matters.
- Encourage and help you to prepare and lodge your Visa Application.
- Assist you during the process of obtaining a visa to migrate to Australia or to remain in Australia.
- Appeal on your behalf for a review with the Migration Review Tribunal (MRT) in circumstances where your application was unsuccessful in the first instance.
Migration Agents working in Australia must be registered with the office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA).
AMALSA has an experienced registered migration agent and we are based in Melbourne, Australia.
AMALSA’s Registered Migration Agent can help you with your application because:
- Have a solid knowledge and information on Migration Law and Practices.
- Understand that dealing with migration issues can be extremely stressful, confusing and time-consuming and we aim to provide you with simple advice on the best migration outcomes for your individual circumstances.
- Have many years of experience and have helped many people successfully migrate to Australia.
- Comply with Registered Migration Agents Code of Conduct.
- Are covered by Public Liability Insurance.
- Have passed the Character Test (including Criminal History Checks by the Australian Federal Police).
It’s recommended to use Registered Migration Agents, because unregistered people acting as migration agents may:
- Be uninformed of the immigration procedures and are not familiar with the Migration Act or Migration Regulations.
- Make false guarantees about your possibilities of progress.
- Give you wrong or incorrect advice.
First, you have to be sure that you are dealing with a Registered Migration Agent in Australia (or out of Australia).You can do this by asking to see their certificate of registration (which has their photo on it) or by checking the Register of agents on the MARA website online.
The Registered Migration Agent in our firm has a migration agents registration number of 0959122
The MARA website also contains the information about the agents whose registration is cancelled or suspended by MARA and certified data about immigration agent/s who are no longer registered.
In Australia there are strict rules if you want to help someone with their visa application or to give advice about migration. Migration Agents in Australia must be registered with the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA).
Before you engage a migration agent, ask for a statement or contract of services. You should carefully read and understand the whole contract before signing it. If you don’t understand something, ask for explanation.
When choosing registered migration agent, you should ask about their experience, testimonials, options (choices) and charges (fees).
In summary, anyone who wants to migrate to Australia must have an appropriate visa, and therefore should choose a suitable registered migration agent that will help them.
Migration rules, procedures, processes&demands change frequently, a Registered Migration Agent can be of great benefit to you by providing you guidance and assistance with your visa, leading to a successful migration to Australia.